Discovering our region …
Saint-Ambroix, is a commercial and tourist crossroads in the country of Ceze. The old town has a population of 3500 inhabitants and is built around the rock ‘Le Dugas'. The town offers many services and commercial amenities.
The woody pine forests and sweet chestnut trees of the Cevennes are followed by olive groves and mulberry trees with vineyards sloping down towards the mediteranean sea. The Cèze river runs through beautiful villages reminiscent of Provence.
Our region enjoys a mediterranean climate of dry and hot summers, lovely springs and autumns followed by winters that are sunny and sometimes cold.
Discovering places nearby :
Saint-Ambroix is an ideal meeting place and a convienient departure point for many tourist destinations :
- Ales, the capital of the Cevennes is 20 km away
- Barjac is a 10 mins drive and is famous for its antique fair and market
- Uzes, a beautiful city of art and music is 30 mins away
- There are numerous walking paths surrounding Saint-Ambroix bordering the national park of the Cevennes and the mountains of Uzège.
- Visit the magnificent site of "The Bridge of the Gard"
- The Health resort "Les Fumades" is renowned for it’s beauty treatments, casino and live music
- Visit of one of the most beautiful caves "Cave of Cocalière" www.grotte-cocaliere.com
- Swim in the clear waters of the river Cèze
- Canoe down the gorges of the Ardèche river
- Visit the Bamboo plantation of "Prafrance" in Anduze: www.bambouseraie.fr